Friday, 6 September 2013

Things I've Been Loving

It's Friday!

I've had a pretty boring week at home as I've had a chest infection, the joy! So I've mostly been sat in wasting time which I am great at! I watched Magic Mike, which was really disappointingly crap! I've finally started my reading list for Uni and bought lots of books from Amazon. As I study English Lit I obviously have to get a huge amount of books which ends up costing a lot by the end of the year. There's been one or two fairly niche books that I haven't managed to get on Amazon. Other then that, they have everything and for less than half the price of a high street book store as you can get used books. Just FYI for any Uni newbies! Anyway, here's some of the stuff that have kept me happy and sane this week - Enjoy! 

I got this Graze box today, in the post. They're meant to be a set of 'healthy' snacks that you can eat throughout the week instead of snacking on junk food. If I'm honest, I've eaten almost three of them since receiving it this morning. If you can contain yourself to eating just one packet every few days as your only snack then more power to you! 

                   

The Super Berry Detox and Cheddar Gorge were both really nice - the Summer berry compote, not so much! I think these boxes are great if you can have them delivered to where you work for lunch as they are a good way to escape eating 15 chocolate biscuits, not that I would ever do that..



Last night I went out to my favourite pub in London, La Brocca in West Hampstead. It's really cool and laid back, jazz music playing, the best Pizzas ever and a good selection of drinks! A few ciders later this happened. I'm going to justify eating this as I needed it for hangover prevention. 

                     

I've been using these John Frieda products for just over a week now and they have genuinely made my hair look brighter. I wouldn't say they are very moisturising but I would recommend them for anyone who wants to give their hair a little boost! Expect brighter, highlighted looking hair, not silky smooth conditioned hair. They're currently half price (around £4 each) in most drugstores in London, at least. 

                   

Since I found out that Siri does this I have been completely obsessed with Googling "Questions to ask Siri", this is my favourite one! I can't help but ask him questions before sleeping every night. I realise how sad that is now that I've written it down but hey, I like sharing with you!

                                        

I found out that I have asthma this week and was given this childrens contraption to learn how to use the inhaler. I apparently have to carry this around all the time now, which is great considering its so handbag friendly? Glasses and an inhaler all in one month. I sure am glad I'm no longer in primary school, work it Anna-Kate, embrace your inner nerd!

             

A few months ago i discovered 'Sleepytime Tea'. As well as being a very cute name it was really nice. I drank it every night before going to bed, having convinced myself that it would help me sleep faster. Placebo tea, you fooled me! The sleepytime tea was just camomile tea with clever marketing, so I got this Twinings one instead which also has honey in it. It's really nice and just makes me feel warm and a little bit better. A little bit like hot chocolate at Christmas but with less calories!

                                       

And finally, I got an audible account this week. I decided I'd try out an audiobook that I can listen to at night time instead of watching Breaking Bad in bed. The urge to marathon the series is not exactly conducive to sleeping! A lot of my friends say they listen to audio books when they are driving which is actually a great idea. You get one free book in your first month as a trail so you can always cancel it if it's not for you, what have you got to lose?

I'm hoping I have a more productive weekend and actually do someone outside of the house!

What have you been liking this week? Have a nice weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. I was sick during the later part of August with a summer cold and a sinus infection. I'm so glad that's over! lol but my favorite item this week is Cetaphil Antibacterial soap, it's a great product. I wrote about it in my Summer/August favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's the worst being stuck at home! Though it's a good chance to be looked after and get spoilt because you're feeling sorry for yourself! :P

      Delete