Monday, 12 August 2013

Brittany, France!

This year I went to Brittany in the North of France with my boyfriend and my sisters family. I got the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff with Alex which was great fun as we were mega excited! As I've moved from Ireland to London I was excited to go and spend some time with my sister and her husband and especially my niece, she is SO cute (and turns out she’s great for ordering our food in French)! I've only been to France once before I went to Paris with my Dad and my sisters when I was about eleven so back then my main objective then was to meet Mary Poppins in Disneyland, which I did! ;)

It was great to go back (as an adult!) and experience the countryside. It was definitely one of the nicest places I've been to! We spent most of our time eating amazing crepes, and drinking lots of local drinks...That's what you're meant to do on holidays right?

My sister's house is right by the sea so we went there every day for a swim to shake of the previous nights drinks and just generally made me feel really nice and fresh. The whole place was so lovely! The villages were nice and quaint with little coffee shops and creperies not to mention the smell from bakeries which were really difficult to pass, so I didn’t! It was actually nice to go somewhere a little out of my ‘comfort zone’, where everyone speaks a different language and where the culture is so wonderfully different, it really was great! My sister's husband is French so we got to meet his family and try out our very, very limited French. Luckily, they were a lot better at English than we were at French so we managed just fine! 

I had mega post holiday blues when I got back to England! I really want to go back next year!  


Setting Sail From England
Alex and Lily Racing :)
Yummy Crabs!

Alex Cycling to the Beach

Stuffing my Face with Mussels 

Evening Beach Cycle

Some Local Kerné Cider, 

One of the Many Amazing Crepés we had from 'Penn Ar Bed' Restaurant


Evening Beach Stroll

...Another Crepe!


Did I mention we ate a lot?!

          

2 comments:

  1. Ohh that food, it looks amazing! Looks like you had a great time! Nice post :)

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was such a nice holiday! Thank you! Xx

      Delete