Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Post Holiday Diet Plan!

I find that during the Winter I happily eat whatever I want and don't care as I can just layer up and hide everything, but when the Summer months roll around I feel a bit sluggish and just a bit bleh really! So, I've decided to go on a bit of a health kick! My main objective is to feel more energetic and a bit more confident in clothes and be fit and healthy in general!

I decided that there was no point jumping head first into a rabbit's diet as there's no way I'd have the willpower to keep it up for more than a day. I decided to do it meal at a time each day. Admittedly, I have a really bad habit of not eating breakfast and just having tea or coffee which of course just means I end up snacking throughout the day or end up ravenous by 2pm and eat everything in sight. So, for now I have swapped my usual breakfast for porridge and fruit, usually a banana. Today I had an egg and soda bread for lunch with lots of rocket. By 4pm I was itching for something a little bit sweet so I had Total 0% yogurt with low fat peanut butter as a 'treat'. As for dinner I've generally been having Chicken or Prawns and veg of some sort each day. 

I'm not sure I've been doing this for long enough to feel better yet but I really hope I can stick to it and incorporate more exercise but that's a story for another day unless you want to see me clobbering the cross trainer with a lovely red face, very attractive. I haven't deprived myself of the occasional snack but I try to keep it to a minimum. I absolutely LOVE Nairns Oat cakes with banana and peanut butter (photo below), it's no apple but it's better than a bar of delicious, dreamy, smooth, bubbly, gooey, Aero...


Here's a few things from today and yesterday that I managed to photograph before eating it all! And of course, I'd love any nice meal ideas you have to share! 

As I write this, my boyfriend is sat across from me eating a Feast ice-cream - Stay strong Anna-Kate, stay strong!! 


Chicken with Steamed Asparagus and Broccoli 
                                          

Snack Time! I didn't eat the cheese..much!
                           

Prawns and Veggies with Light Soy Sauce
                                  

Narins Oat Biscuits, Banana and Peanut Butter Snack
                             

2 comments:

  1. Your diet food looks very colourful and tasty! I defs eat everything and anything in winter too! Its just too cold not to comfort eat lol!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Hopefully I maintain it for more than a week this time! :) Xx

    ReplyDelete